Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Unemployed Stay At Home Dad




I got layed off about a year ago and was feeling really bad about myself. However my fiance was pregnant and that gave me time to cater to her needs and be able to sort out what my next career move would be. I thought it would be very easy for some with my professional background to walk into a company and say I'm hear Hire Me, but that was not the case. Days became weeks and weeks became months without me finding the career that I had been searching. I was still collecting unemployment so it wasn't that bad but bills were starting to pile up and I had no true outlet on what my next professional move should be. Like most I always dreamed of hitting the powerball and dreaming what my life would be but that was not the case. I did not want to just obtain another job to be stuck in for the next few years of my life so seeking the right employment was what I had been seeking. Eventually my fiance went back to work in order to get us a little more money coming in making me a stay at home dad. Being a stay at home Dad has taught me how to be patient and now I'm able to appreciate the little things in life. I would not take back any of these precious moments that I got to watch my daughter grow up but come on can someone please hire me. Companies make you take at least an hour of your time in order to fill out an application on line and then you don't hear anything back from them. Craigslist is quick and easy but it has 90% crap jobs on their website. I recently started paying a lot of attention to my Linkeden account because networking is supposedly the way to go but I feel lost and don't know how to utilize it to my benefit. Going to career fairs makes you feel like you are desperate to get any entry level position. I feel like I am that guy that would be an asset to many companies but it's hard getting these companies to understand my true value with a piece of paper we call a resume. It's hard staying motivated but I must march on in order to try and provide the best for my family. I would love to hear your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment